Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Crystal Clear



The pictures above are some of the views I have from our backyard. I feel SO blessed to live here! It is peaceful, tranquil, and beautiful!

This past weekend, Shaun watched Braeya and gave me some quiet time outside (well actually, he forced me to go outside and relax), but I'm glad he did! I haven't sat outside since we moved here, with a book, and just relaxed! It was wonderful.

As I reclined in my chair, I looked up into the sky, and noticed all of the perfect green leaves in the trees above. They were so clear! It reminded me of a time, years ago, when I needed glasses. I didn't realize how blurred everything was until I wore my first pair. Suddenly, everything seemed so clear, so perfect!

I can recall driving in the car with my Mom & Dad (and Diana of course!) and saying to myself, "wow, I never realized how detailed the leaves were in the trees until now!"

Pretty amazing moment.

I think this is the kind of "awakening moment" that happens also when we realize who God is, what the meaning of our life is, and why we were placed on this earth! It's like everything that was once grey and blurred becomes crystal clear! (Or at least that's how I feel!)

Enjoy the beauty all around you today, God's amazing creation! With my new patio chairs (thanks Shaun!), I'm hoping to spend a lot more time outside this summer. Why not?! Time goes by so fast - we need to cherish every moment!

No comments: