Friday, July 1, 2011

Baking - and a self realization about what I DON'T like to bake!

Well, I'm not typically one to bake, but this week, I made this "dessert in a pan" (which will remain further unnamed..and Joanne, YOU know why!!!) twice! And actually quite enjoyed it! I think I've discovered what I DON'T like to bake!

1. Due to my "lack of patience with baking", I do not like making cupcakes or muffins, or any such similar thing (because I have to scoop the batter into paper cups (which of course involves being very careful, or else having batter all over the pan, which drives a perfectionist like me nuts!!)

2. I do not like icing anything!!! I don't have the patience to wait for something to cool, and then nicely ice it! When I've tried in the past, I end up making a mess of a cake, for example, because I have no patience to wait for the cooling process, and when I add the icing, my cake begins to break off and mush into the icing, as I continue to spread it, because it's still to warm!

But this dessert was easy! A bit of mixing, pouring, sprinkling! I can handle that! The base is basically just flour, butter & peanuts. A layer of chocolate pudding, layer of peanut butter mixture! Cool whip...that about wraps it up! Tasty, but perfect for my impatient, perfectionist self!

1 comment:

sherisse doucette said...

Cant help you with icing, but as far as muffins and cupcakes, an ice cream scoop is the perfect size and helps keep the mess down, and make the muffins all equally porportioned :)