Thursday, August 21, 2008

Quick Note

Well, here is just a quick note before I'm off to bed!

VBS has been going awesome. Tomorrow will be our last day. We had over 55 children today receive Christ into their lives, which is awesome (and more un-churched families!) Also, today, we had our WATER DAY! We had a man from our church, Walt, who works with the fire department, bring the fire truck, and spray all the kids with water at the end of VBS today. It was so much fun, and the kids just loved it. I also arranged for a plate of whip cream and cherries, etc, to be rubbed in Shaun's face (the kids had been planning it with me during the week). We also gave the kids water balloons to throw at Shaun so that was funny.

I had a 2 hour nap today, I was so exhausted! I guess the adrenaline is fading away, and reality is setting in - I'm wiped!

Tonight Shaun has a board meeting, so I am heading to bed early, to be well rested for our final day tomorrow. Then on Sunday, we have a VBS wrap up service, plus a BBQ & Carnival in the afternoon, with bouncing castles, dunk dank, fish pond, face painting, and lots more, so it should be fun!

I promise, more pictures will come. But my camera is at church right now, because we've been using it for VBS, so it'll have to wait until the weekend.

Happy Weekend!

S & M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids love Shaun, don't they? What a great idea - the fire truck! Looking forward to the pix!

Anonymous said...

Shaun is such a good sport! I want to see photos. I am sure he made the best of it by eating the whipped cream and cherries!

mom K