Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Surprise trip to Halifax!

Well, I made a surprise trip to Halifax this past Thursday. My Dad was the only one who knew of my arrival :) I came to be here with my family on Monday, March 22, as my Papa Clarke had passed away 2 years ago on that date.

It was hilarious to see each one's expressions as I would casually walk into their homes and say, "hello"!

My Papa Knowles was the best. He could not stop saying "wow", and how shocked he was!

My Mom was also hilarious. I was sitting in the living room, waiting for her to get home. When she walked past the door I said "Hi Mom", and she looked, and looked, and looked (with the most absurd facial expressions), not quite believing that it could really be me.

I surprised my sister in the washroom at East Side Marios. I was waiting there, knowing when she arrived, she would head quickly to the washrooms. When she entered, I just said "hey". She was shocked.

And it took my Nanny Clarke about 2 days to really come to grips that I was actually there!

Needless to say, it's been a positively wonderful 6 days here in Halifax with family and friends. I head back home today, sad to leave everyone, but excited to see my hubby (who is driving 6 hours in total today, to come pick me up at the airport!) Thanks Shaun!!

And the only part that would have made this trip any better, would have been seeing Papa Clarke, waiting for me at the airport when I landed; hearing him laugh; giving him a big, long hug. But I know he is in a better place, having the time of his life. That is where he belongs.

Pictures to follow tomorrow :)

Have a blessed day!!!

Michelle

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Do it again some time! I LOVED the surprise! "They" say the anticipation is sometimes better than the surprise but it didn't get much better than thursday night's arrival at home! Love you Michelle. Thanks for being so thoughtful. mom