Monday, March 8, 2010

Addicted to COUPON SHOPPING in the States!!!

Well, thanks to Joanne, I have become addicted to coupon shopping! Coupons are so few and far between in Canada, but in the States, it is so popular! Every store has coupon books, or coupons in their fliers, plus I purchase the Detroit Free Press every Sunday, to get all the coupon books/fliers each week.

Then, there are amazing websites, where lovely ladies lay out for you all the deals of the week, and which coupons (from which fliers/papers) you need to make the deals, plus TONS of coupons on their sites, etc.

I have just been LOVING going shopping and getting so much stuff for free, or really cheap!

The above pic is the 4 boxes of contact solution I bought for $2 each! They were on sale 2 bottles for $8, and then I had coupons!

All the above items were $1.00 or LESS! The Fruit Chillers we got for 75 cents, and they are regularly $3.00 (but we bought them when they were on sale, 2 for $3.00 (plus I had two, $2 coupons!) Everything else was on sale, at Value Center Market Place (they are known for their $1 items!)
All of this I got for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were all on sale for $1.00, and I had $1.00 coupons!
This was a CRAZY deal! Sale: Buy 4 boxes of cereal for $10.00 - I had a $2.00 coupon, plus they give you a $3.00 Register Reward (basically $3.00 free the next time you purchase something). AND they give you 2 gallons of milk, FREE!!!!!!!! So basically, for $5.00, we got 4 boxes of cereal and 2 gallons of milk!
This was a great deal too. Regular $8.99 (but I had coupons), so I ended up paying 99 cents!!! Needless to say, we are having a great time with this! We have a few friends who are into this too, so we are all sharing ideas, and getting excited together! Shaun and I have been sticking to a $35 / week budget for food and personal care products, and it's actually been a lot easier than I ever imagined!

5 comments:

Ryan, Danielle & Peyton Burns said...

haha i love you michelle!!!

mel said...

love the deals. i am also a cheapie, i can send you some canadain links that you can get some great deals. isn't thrifting fun stuff :)

Sheryl said...

Michelle, you are something else! If there's something to be found, you will find it! Love you! mom

Shaun and Michelle Slauenwhite said...

Yes I'm crazy eh? But it's so much fun!!!! And I love saving the money!!!

heather said...

this beats my clothing shopping in the states! I would LOVE this!!! Can you ask your pal Mel to send me the links for canadian coupons??? xox