Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fun turns to Disaster at the Dairy Freez!

Here is the very popular Dairy Freez in Essex! It is ALWAYS packed! Always a line up! Very cheap, yummy ice cream!
It is part of someone's house, and they have a beautiful yard, and many great places to sit!
Beautiful flowers and grounds to sit. So, Shaun and I decided to go last night. I was in a VERY cranky mood (does not happen hardly ever, but yesterday was the day!).
It started well, but turned bad! Shaun told me I should get the ice cream cone dipped in Smarties. So I did. But the girl wrote down M&M's. So I told her, "no I mean smarties" and she said ok. But when I was handed it, it was M&M's. Well, come to find out, it's all the same to them! But I did NOT WANT M&M's! But that was fine, I could deal with it...UNTIL...

My whole ice cream covered in M&M crumbs (double the height in the pic because Shaun had eaten half by now), started melting instantly. It was almost 40 degrees with the humidex. I could not lick fast enough because it was all crumbly with M&M's. To make matters worse, the ice cream was so tall, the M&M crumbs were rolling, snow balling down my ice cream cone, and dropping off like pellets on my legs and hands. Shaun kept trying to tell me he would lick off the M&M's but I said NO! Until finally, in about 60 seconds, my hands were completely covered in M&M's and ice cream, including my shirt, legs and feet. And people were starting to look so I gave it to Shaun (having only had about 2 licks!) So in this picture, he is sitting eating his sundae and my ice cream because after being covered in ice cream and completely sticky, I had no intentions of eating any of that cone!

Well, it was not funny at the time, but today it is hilarious!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shaun looks really impressed in this photo! Maybe you should eat your ice cream in the air conditioned car next time....just a thought! LOL!

mom

The Hill Family said...

HAHAHHAHA, I cannot WAIT until you get pregnant. If you thought THIS was being cranky.... hahha, well its not that bad... but it can be. Lets just put it that way :)