Friday, October 5, 2012

It's quite obvious I have a toddler at home!

Well, considering the length of time that has passed since my last post, it is quite evident that I have a busy toddler at home who occupies the majority of my time...but I am loving every minute of it!  She is the love of our lives!  She brings so much joy to every single day.  What a joy to have her in our family.  She is truly a blessing and a gift from God.

The summer was quite busy, but lots of fun moments too!  We've had Shaun's family here to visit, and mine as well.  We've enjoyed lots of weekend visits with Diana and Paul, and cousin Isabel :)  It's nice having them live so close in Burlington.  Makes it much easier to connect more regularly.

I just love fall.  Back to routines, schedules, consistency!  Ahhh!  Love it!  I love that it gets dark earlier!  I know, I'm sure you think I'm crazy for that!  But I do.  I love snuggling in at night, settling down earlier, and enjoying some quiet time in the evening. 

Braeya is just about 21 months old!  Her 2nd birthday is just around the corner!  Hard to believe.  She knows the majority of her ABC's.  She can point to just about every letter that we name, can say at least half of them quite well, and loves for us to print letters that she names.   You'll often hear her at her coloring desk saying "Mommmyyyyy, Blue A!  Yellow A!  Red A!  Daddddyyyyyy Green K!"  Haha, too cute!  She loves pointing out letters at stores, the doctor's office, the mall..anywhere she can spot a capital letter!  It's amazing at this age.  They are just like little sponges and absorb everything so quickly.  It's been exciting watching her learn and develop.

She's also learned about "time-outs"!  They are quite effective we are finding.  She sits down perfectly still, doesn't move, and quivers her little lip trying to hold back the tears :(  She's such a sensitive little soul, just like I was when I was little.  When I tell her what I need her to do, instead of the behaviour she was doing, she says "ok Mama, ok Mama"...with this pitiful little voice, crackling from the emotion within.  Breaks our heart, and we have to both look away...but we know that consistency will pay off, and that she certainly knows what yes and no means!  Kids are sooooo smart, so she can definitely understand time out!  haha  It's been working wonders!  But now I totally understand when my Mom used to say it was harder for her to discipline than it was for us!  Totally get it now!

Sorry I don't have any pictures for this post!  I take pictures now on my phone, and so I don't often get them to the computer as regularly as I used to.

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!

Michelle

No comments: