Saturday, November 20, 2010

Great quote

I found the quote below in an old book that my grandfather owned. He passed away 2 years ago, but I was going through his book the other day, and found this quote underlined. If it was important to him, it's important to me.

"Why were the saints, saints? Because they were cheerful when it was difficult to be cheerful, patient when it was difficult to be patient; and because they pushed on when they wanted to stand still, and kept silent when they wanted to talk, and were agreeable when they wanted to be disagreeable. That was all". Author Unknown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the quote and i can hear dad saying those words now! Not a day goes by that I know better and better that he was indeed a Saint!

Thank you for sharing!

Luv you!

mom