Thursday, July 9, 2009

Essex Update!

Well, it's a beautiful day here in Essex, and the weather network is forcasting that it will be 39 degrees here on Saturday, with the humidity, so it will be a hot one! But I am definitely not complaining! I love the heat..and we haven't had a really hot summer here yet, so I am thankful! I hear in Halifax it has been pretty rainy..gotta say, I am not missing that!

Well, we had a great time in Alaska - many pics below. We are now in full summer mode at the church. Gearing up for VBS, and we're also running a Wacky Wednesday program every couple of weeks, which are just fun nights for the kids. It's been great. Last night was a water night...we were both soaked!! But it was well worth it! It was so great connecting with the kids on a fun level!

I'm still teaching piano during the summer, which is great!

I will be going to Halifax in October to help Diana and Paul move into their new home, so I am really looking forward to that! Plus, my Mom is coming for a visit for just about one week at the end of August, so that will be something to look forward to!

So life is good! As of July 1st, we have been here in Essex for one year, and WOW have we enjoyed our first year! The people we have met are just amazing. We feel at home and very welcomed. Couldn't ask for a better group!

Well, I'm signing off for now. Time to think about what to eat for lunch!

Happy Thursday!

Michelle

2 comments:

mel said...

just checking in. you are 1 busy travel, fun having, party hopping, kiddo pastor's wife! glad life rocks for you guys. give shawn a kick from me. i am sure he needs one. ha.

Shaun and Michelle Slauenwhite said...

haha I will give him a kick for sure! LOL